du jour


g.i. jane vintage US army jacket picked up from, of all places, the salvation army. loving it for it's versatility but also it's functionality. breast pockets, who knew?! i see why the gov. issues these things...so handy! need a pocket? guess what!? it's right there! it's got an easily workable indie rock festival vibe which i'm not too sure i'm down with. however, i have worn it daily since purchase and am not retiring it's stripes any time soon, it will be put through the rigors of styling boot camp all summer long.

jack black intense therapy lip balm, SPF25. this says lemon and chamomile but it makes my lips taste and feel like buttered butter and has become a quasi-obsession for me. i needed a lip salve for a holiday in florida and picked this up at sephora. it was my special little find that was going to make my flight great, my vacation fabulous...it was so good, it was going to complete me. then i accidentally threw it away at airport security and then it wasn't going to do any of those things for me and then i was devastated. yes, over a lip balm.
needing to say, in unfamiliar floridian territory, my dear boyfriend drove nearly 2 hours in search of a sephora to replace my lost stash, maybe it was to shut me up, maybe it was to make me happy. either way, i'm holding on to my jack, and to my boy, and both have my lips for ever.

nut(?) dish. loved this immediately but hesitated... i wasn't sure if the squirrel was sitting on a walnut or guarding the family jewels. despite the risk of possibly offending a house guest by offering nuts from, well...a nut, i had to have it. so, here monsieur petite squirrel and his nut rest, on my desk, next to a copy of 'be here now,' penned lovingly for us all by baba ram dass (which if you have not read, you should.)


instagram. early bird filter. really? you don't say...


one's man's trash became my treasure. a discarded pallet i'm using as an indoor herb garden...for now. my infamously brown thumb prohibits seeds from holding their purchase and i'm certain it will have to be re-purposed within the month. lots of possibilities, it was a great find.

'rolling in the deep.' listening to adele sing her bloody heart out, ad nauseum. she will be on her way to the 'nice knowing you and now i'm done with you' pile before long, but in the meantime, she's scratching an itch.

http://www.refinery29.com/ daily fix and source of inspiration for fashion, hair, home, beauty and all things cool. check it. you'll be glad you did.


last but not least. this stuff. lots of it. on everything.


Comments

  1. My Jack Black lip balm just arrived from Sephora! Thanks for the great tip, I love it. Got the natural mint (I think I ordered wrong online), but it's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heather,
    the natural mint is great too...no mistake made. it really is the best lip goo around. it's truly one of a few things that's stood my test of time. glad it worked out for you.
    cheers,
    e

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment